Skip to main content

What is Technology?




Technology is the use of knowledge to invent new devices and tools. It is TECHNIQUE + SCIENCE.

 The aim of technology is to solve problems by making objects. The technological process is all the steps that have to be followed to solve a problem. There are seven steps.
1. Identify the need or problem
2. Analysis of the problem
3. Research
4. Generate ideas and make a project brief
5. Planning and Budget
6. Manufacturing or Construction
7. Test and Evaluate

Examples of technology in my daily life- The images are from pixabay.com

1 Microwave oven- I need to heat the milk and other food for my breakfast or dinner. This oven is made of metal and uses electricity and radio-active waves to heat food nd drink very quickly. It is less dangerous than gas cookers.





 2. Radiator- In winter it gets cold inside my house and we need to switch on the radiator. It is made of metal and filled with oil. When you switch it on the oil heats up inside and it radiates heat. This makes our house warmer and more comfortable.




3. Hot-water bottle- This object is made of rubber and has a plastic top. You fill it with boiling water and close the top. I put it in my bed to warm my bed up. This is cheaper than leaving the radiator on so it is a good solution.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41c1eQvqfbL._AC_US160_.jpg 
4. Electric kettle- This is made of plastic and metal and uses electricity. There is a metal plaque inside at the bottom that heats up quickly. This makes the water heat and boil.  It is fast and less dangerous than using a pan over gas. You can boil water very fast for cups of tea .


5. Scooter- My scooter is made of metal and has rubber wheels. It is a good transport and toy. If you want to arrive somewhere fast you can go by scooter and it doesn't contaminate the air.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31hindE5-5L.jpg 

The importance of Knowledge, Technique and Materials in Technology

Without these three things it would not be possible to make objects to solve problems.
Technology would not be possible. Knowledge is what people know about a problem or situation. Knowledge helps you to make decisions about how to solve something and construct things. Technique is how you apply skills and knowledge to make something. Materials are all the things you need to make an object for example wood, plastic, metal  and all the tools and utensils too. 

 The parts of the Written Project:
Contents Page, Analysis, Research, Possible Solutions,Sketches, Materials, Planning and Budget.
It is necessary to do it before you start to make the object or the project.

MIND MAP; THE TECHNOLOGICAL PROCESS

I used Bubbl.us to make a mind map and this is the link
https://bubbl.us/NDE4MDQzMC84MjE5MjQyLzAzNzllN2NjOGY5Yjk1MGYwYmRlMTBjNDBjN2U2NDI1-X?utm_source=shared-link&utm_medium=link&s=8219242






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

METALS

METALS POST: The definition of metal is any of the elements with a positive electrical charge, typically with a shiny surface and a good conductor of heat. An example of metal is gold.   Types of metal -There are 2 types of metal : ferrous and non-ferrous Ferrous metals contain iron. Non-ferrous metals do not contain iron. A pure metal only consists of a single element. This means that it only has one type of atom in it. The common pure metals are:-aluminium, copper, iron, lead, zinc, tin, silver and gold. Ferrous metals are steel, cast iron and carbon steel. Ferrous metals are not malleable,( they do not bend as easily). Some ferrous metals are very strong, long-lasting, and magnetic. These characteristics are beneficial for building or for use in certain industries. Here is a steel skeleton structure used for building houses and flats.( source: www.pixabay.com)   N on ferrous metals are not attracted to a magnet and they also do not rust in the same way when exp

About me

My name is Joel Marín Fairweather and I am 14 years old. This is my blog for High School. I am going to write a little bit about myself for my technology teacher. We have to use new technology to communicate and a blog is a good idea, I think. I am going to start with my family. I have two sisters, Cloe and Ellen, both older than me. My dad is David and he lives in Palma.. My mam is Julie and she is a teacher in Artà. Artà is a small town in Mallorca, it is my home town. I like it a lot but also like Newcastle, where my mam is from and where all my English family lives. We always go there on holiday and I love it especially at Christmas. Another important member of the family is my dog Stitch! He is small but lively and I love to run around the house with him. My favourite sport is football and I play for our local club. We train hard, three times a week and have matches at the weekend. I would really love to be a footballer when I grow up. I know this is like a dream but if I can&